Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crap to Fab Lamp


I had a $10 Walmart crappy flimsy floor lamp.  I hated it.  My husband needed the light.  I needed to make it prettier.

So, I took this lamp:



This tube that came from a bolt of fabric that I bought:



And this table runner:



And made this:



The metal pole was so skinny, and I was adding a lot of "beef" to the top of the lamp, so I need to bulk up the bottom.  I spray painted the fabric bolt and the base of the lamp so it would all match.

The fabric was a little too short, so I added a little bit of a paper towl roll, and used painters tape to hold them together:



Classy, I know.  Hey, it could have been a toilet paper roll!

I had a drum shade from a lamp that has been in a closet, so I stole it, stripped it and used it to make the shape of the lamp shade



I just cut the table runner down, and then glued the two ends together after wrapping it around the naked shade.

Total cost to me: FREE
Total cost if I didn't have all this stuff laying around: $14
Lamp $10
Table runner $4 (from Ross)

Before:



After






I'm linking this up to:

Twice Remembered
It's so Very Cheri
The Shades of Pink
Thrifty Decor Chick, Before and after party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...