Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dreaming

My husband, the tuba player, needs a room to practice.  We have a third bedroom that would be oh so nice to turn into a beautiful (albeit manly) place to practice. 

Here is my sketch I did in powerpoint.  Two built in bookshelves flanking a little bench.  The back of the bookcases are a grasscloth wall paper.  The art above the bench is a brown square painted directly on the wall, then some moulding the same color as the wall and then another peice of molding the same color as the painted box.  That moulding is going to make a frame for more grasscloth wallpaper.  Inside those boxes will be artsy photographs of Jarrod's tuba, and my bassoon (I have a degree in music as well, playing bassoon and saxophone).

Now I just have to convince my husband that it will be a breeze to construct these built-ins ourselves.  I would LOVE this as a Christmas present to each other.  Maybe you could leave a comment to help convince him?  I'll do tutorials all long the way, I promise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...