Friday, November 6, 2009

What can you do with an altoids tin?

What can you do with an altoids tin?  I made my son's first birthday party invitations. 



I don't do a lot of scrapbooky type of DIY - I'm much better with a can of spray paint, or some canvases - but I knew I wanted to do something special for his invitations.  This is what I came up with.




















While it was pretty inexpensive (around $30 for all supplies and tools including the tins), it was a LONG process.  Don't worry, it only took like 2 weeks for me to complete them all just to find out TODAY that I put THE WRONG DATE on them. THE WRONG DATE!!!!!  HOLY MOLY!

At least there are only 10 families to notify of the wrong date.

Why did I spend all that time on those invites?  Just look at my little 'bout to be one year old Turkey!  I'd do anything for him! 



Well, I guess he probably won't know anything about his first birthday ivitations... OK OK, I did it for ME!  I love how they turned out.  Just wish I put the right date!

What have you done with altoids tins?  Have you ever made or received any other unique invitations?   Do you have any other ideas or tips for a first birthday party?  DO share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...