Monday, November 16, 2009

Mondo Acorns

This is what I thought all acorns looked like.  Nice, delightful little things.



This is what the acorns look like at the house we just bought:



HOLY MOLY!

Maybe I just don't get out much, but I had never seen or even heard of Giant Mammoth Acorns.  They are ALL over my front yard.  They dented the trunk of my car.

Here is my son playing with the giant acorns.  They look big even next to him, who also is a giant (95th percentile all around)



So naturally, I wanted to incorporate these mondo beauties into my decor. 

Failed.

First I just piled them in a vase to see what they looked like:



Hmmm... not sure how to arrange these guys.  You see, I can arrange furniture - but I'm not so good at arranging botanicals. 

Speaking of botanicals... have you ever been out on an evening family stroll in a really trendy area and found something on the ground that you knew you could turn into something really fabulous for your home?  If so you probably did as I did, which is get down on your hands and knees right next to the fancy steak house patio seating area and the valet parking station to rummage around.



That's right folks, I have NO shame.  NONE.  My poor puppy was probably so embarassed.  Not me, I had my husband take pictures :-)

But how could I resist, look what I found on the ground:



Aren't these beautiful? 

So I tried combining them with my acorns in that huge hurricane/vase:



FAILED AGAIN

These are two really unique and beautiful natural items that I would love to incorporate in my home somehow.  Please tell me how.

Any and all suggestions welcome!  Please Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...